Inspired by my Vegan Creamy Spicy Sun Dried Tomato Pasta (which I’m so happy you guys are loving by the way!) this Creamy Vegan Garlic Mushroom Pasta is now another one of my favourites.
It’s so simple too. All you need to do is cook your pasta, make the sauce, blend it, then add it all to sautéed mushrooms. Bam. You get an incredibly creamy pasta sauce with a rich garlic flavour with an added bonus of mushrooms.
An incredibly creamy pasta sauce with a rich garlic flavour and mushrooms. It’s an easy dinner recipe with 11 ingredients. One pot for the whole recipe, just rinse when needed and gluten free if you use gluten free pasta.
- 225g uncooked fettuccini pasta
- 2 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced roughly (1/2 cup)
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves, or to taste
- 400g mushrooms (I used a mixture of button and brown), sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp salt + pepper to taste
- Cook your pasta according to the package instructions, but leave the pasta just slightly undercooked. Drain and set aside.
- Add 2 tsp of olive oil into a large frying pan over medium to high heat. When hot, add onion and cook for 4 minutes or until soft. Mix in cornflour and cook for a further minute. Add 1 cup of almond milk, making sure that the mixture is smooth besides the onion. When it has thickened, add the remaining cup of almond milk along with nutritional yeast and 1/2 tsp salt. When it has thickened, add this to a blender.
- Add the garlic and blend until smooth. Taste and add more garlic if needed. Set aside.
- Rinse and dry the frying pan. Heat up the remaining 1/2 tsp of oil (you could also use splash of water instead) and add the mushrooms. You will notice the liquid coming from the mushrooms, keep cooking until they’re soft and there’s about 1/4 cup of liquid left.
- Add the sauce to the pan, making sure the heat is low to medium to prevent it from sticking. When the sauce is heated through, add in the pasta, parsley, remaining 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste. When the pasta is heated through, it’s ready to serve.