Dry roasted peanuts along with perfectly coated caramel popcorn would make a great snack for football season. It would also be the perfect homemade gift for the holidays. This isn’t a hard recipe to make , it’s just going to take a little time. First ,lets get all of our ingredients measured out and the popcorn popped.
- 4 quarts popped popcorn about 1/2 cup corn kernels like Jolly Time popped.
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts other nuts like walnuts or pecans work well too.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions:1. Place the popped popcorn onto a large greased baking pan with sides like a cookie sheet or roasting pan. Add the peanuts to the popped corn if using. Set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring enough to blend. Once the mixture begins to boil, boil for 5 minutes while stirring constantly.
3.. Remove from the heat, and stir in the baking soda and vanilla. The mixture will be light and foamy. Immediately pour over the popcorn in the pans, and stir to coat. Don't worry about the popcorn not being coated at this point.
4. Bake for 45 minutes, removing the pans, and giving them each a good stir every 15 minutes. Line the counter top with waxed paper. Dump the corn out onto the waxed paper and separate the pieces. Allow to cool completely, then store in airtight containers or resealable bags.